By Pendergast Law on November 3, 2017
At Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S., it’s an honor and a privilege to be named one of the 2018 “Best Law Firms.” Every year, U.S. News & World Report in partnership with Best LawyersÂ® recognizes the top law firms in the nation.
We were recognized for personal injury litigation for plaintiffs in the Seattle metropolitan area. This award, at its heart, is about our ability to get results for our clients — which leads to the high client satisfaction that we enjoy! (Have a look at our reviews.)
How exactly does a firm become a “Best Law Firm”? To be eligible, the firm has to have at least one attorney listed in the current edition of Best LawyersÂ®. That lawyer had to be nominated, peer-reviewed, analyzed, and given an eligibility check before he makes the list. Here’s a look at the Best Law Firms selection process:
- The firm’s clients are asked to provide feedback on the firm’s practice, including expertise, responsiveness, understanding of client and case needs, cost-effectiveness, customer service, and whether the client would refer another person to the firm.
- Other lawyers vote on the same criteria that clients do: the firm’s expertise, understanding, case-handling, attorney reputation, and more. (7.3 million evaluations were collected in this 2018 survey!)
- The firm is asked to provide background information on itself and its attorneys.
- The data is combined and reviewed by a panel. Firms with the highest scores in their metropolitan area are chosen for each practice area.
- U.S. News â€“ Best LawyersÂ® contacts the winners, letting them know that they’ll be included in the online and print publication of the “Best Law Firms” 2018 list!
U.S. News and World Report, which will celebrate its 85th anniversary in 2018, publishes the leading news and information that improves the quality of life of its readers. Its consumer guides include the best colleges, high schools, hospitals, nursing homes, health plans, and now attorneys. We at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S., are proud to be included as a Best Law Firm for 2018, and will continue our commitment to client satisfaction and the best results possible!