Seattle Paralysis Attorneys
Serious accidents happen every day in Seattle, and any injuries to the neck or spine can result in paralysis, which alters your lifestyle, relationships, and job opportunities. If you were paralyzed by another person's negligence, the fact that it could have been avoided only makes the situation more tragic. That is why it is so important to hold people responsible for their actions.
It takes a lot of courage and willpower to face the many challenges that paralysis imposes on someone after an accident. Many survivors rely on their families for support, and may also turn to an attorney for legal guidance and representation. At Pendergast Law, we consider it an honor to protect the rights of our clients. Our Seattle accident lawyers are committed to holding negligent people or companies legally accountable. Connect with our law firm today at (888) 228-3860 for a free consultation.
Paralysis is a life-altering injury, with an individual often requiring substantial and long-term medical care and treatment.
After a paralyzing accident, a person's life is never the same. He or she must adjust to a new way of living on top of coping with significant physical, emotional, and financial difficulties. Our legal team extends empathy and support to those affected by paralysis, and we are determined to empower our clients with knowledge and an efficient solution. Let us take some of the burden off your shoulders and help you move forward with your recovery.
While a wide range of accidents can cause injuries that lead to paralysis, some are more common and likely to result in a spinal injury than others. These include:
- Car Accidents: Motor vehicle collisions involve heavy machinery traveling at high speeds, which means the force of impact in a crash can be extremely high. These accidents are dangerous for the people inside the vehicles, and often catastrophic for anyone outside, such as pedestrians, cyclists, and bikers.
- Slip-and-Falls: Although slip-and-falls may seem like relatively minor accidents, their injuries can be quite severe. When someone lands on his or her back hard, it can seriously injure the spinal cord. Landing on the edge of stairs or other objects on the ground can greatly increase the severity of injuries after a fall.
- Construction Accidents: Construction sites are among the most dangerous workplaces in Washington. Spinal cord injuries can result from of a wide range of construction accidents, including falls from ladders or scaffolds, falling objects, or being crushed by large and heavy machinery. While workers' compensation can help with some expenses and medical bills, something as serious as a paralyzing injury may require additional civil action against a third party that created or allowed an unsafe work environment.
- Athletic Injuries: High-impact sports like football are particularly dangerous, though serious injuries can happen in just about any arena. Swimmers are also in danger of paralysis when they dive into water that is too shallow, or have someone else fall or dive onto them. Serious neck and spine injuries from sports accidents can destroy an athlete’s career.
- Violence: Gun violence, stabbings, and assault can all result in spinal cord injuries that leave a person partially or completely paralyzed. After the infliction of criminal violence, the perpetrator may face criminal charges, but you can also pursue civil action to gain financial compensation for your injuries and punish your attacker.
When past, present, and future expenses associated with paralysis loom before victims and their families, it can make a world of difference to get compensation from at-fault parties. Easing financial stress alone can bring a family the closure they need to move forward.
A Washington paralysis claim or lawsuit may help an individual with paralysis get money for medical expenses, lost wages, emotional distress, and other damages. The legal process can be intimidating and confusing, which is why it is often helpful for a person and their family to have an attorney's assistance.
Dealing with insurance companies and defense lawyers can frustrate and discourage a person from pursuing his or her case. However, when an experienced Washington personal injury lawyer is on your side, you are armed with the proper resources to combat deceptive tactics from the other side. After any serious accident that results in a major injury, do not sign anything offered to you by any insurance company, even your own. Always have your lawyer present to read through such paperwork and ensure you do not sign away your rights to seek additional compensation for your injuries.
To help you prepare for your case, an attorney may consult with investigators, medical experts, and those in charge of accident reconstruction. Pendergast Law, dedicates personal attention to our clients so that we know how their lives are affected by their injuries. When going up against insurance companies and defense attorneys, we will keep you informed.
The attorneys at Pendergast Law, have seen firsthand what an accident survivor must endure. We have handled numerous cases involving motor vehicle collisions, workplace falls, and other accidents that cause catastrophic injuries like paralysis. We have the resources and skills to help you get through this tumultuous time with a positive case outcome. Please view our Reviews and Case Results to see how we have assisted many others, and call (888) 228-3860 for a free consultation.
Call us for a free consultation(888) 228-3860
Se habla español
Backed by our
No Fee Promise
Client ReviewsRead More
case details are confidential.
from defective power winch.
resulting in neck and head injury.