Legal Representation After A Bus Crash In Bellevue
When an unexpected accident imposes on your life, it isn’t easy to accept what’s happened, and it’s even harder to overcome the many physical, emotional and financial challenges. Bus accidents especially cause significant harm, as these large vehicles may not have seat belts or other safety restraint systems. Whether the bus crash you were injured in was caused by driver negligence, bus company oversight, defective roadway design and/or bus part malfunction, it is important to learn more about your rights and options. You may not want to seek legal action, but the long-term economic and noneconomic damages may be greater than you realize. Contact one of our skilled Bellevue bus accident attorneys at Pendergast Law today for a free consultation. There is no obligation with the call; we simply want to help you make an informed decision.
What Compensation Is Available After A Bus Accident In Bellevue?
After an accident, an injured person may seek compensation for a wide range of financial and personal losses. These include compensation for losses like:
- Past and future medical bills related to the injury
- Therapy and rehabilitation costs related to the injury
- Lost wages during the healing period
- Lost value of chores, child care and other duties performed around the home that the person can no longer carry out due to injury
- Pain and suffering
Because it is often an uphill battle to deal with insurance companies, having a skilled Bellevue accident lawyer on your side can help you counter low settlement offers and claim denials.
Recovering From Serious Bus Accident Injuries
Bus accidents can cause a wide range of injuries. Some are simple bumps and bruises that will heal quickly while others are catastrophic injuries that can result in permanent disability or even claim lives. Some serious injuries can include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when the brain is injured by a blow to the head or an object piercing the skull. Depending on the severity of the injury and the areas of the brain affected, a TBI can cause temporary or permanent impairments in nearly any body function, from thinking and mood to breathing and heartbeat.
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) are some of the most expensive and difficult injuries to treat. Damage or severing of the spinal cord can cause permanent paralysis or other serious disabilities.
- Bone fractures can easily occur during a crash if passengers are thrown into the walls, floor, seats or one another. Severe bone fractures often require surgery to repair, and the healing and rehabilitation process may be intense.
- Crush injuries are suffered when some part of the body becomes trapped and crushed between two other forces, which can happen during a collision. Crush injuries cause catastrophic damage to the muscles, nerves and soft tissue as well as to bones. In severe crush injury cases, the injured body part may require amputation.
Bellevue Bus Accident Lawyers That Work For You
Bus accidents can cause serious injuries, leaving you to struggle with the healing process when your life plans involved a very different path. At Pendergast Law, our dedicated attorneys believe that you should have only one priority after a bus accident: getting well. That’s why we’re passionate about fighting for the compensation our clients need, taking a load off their minds as we seek a successful resolution of their claims. To learn more, contact our office today.