Tacoma Car Accident Attorneys
The “City of Destiny,” Tacoma, Washington, once suffered a prolonged decline back in the mid-20th century, a period when suburbanization and divestment were adversely affecting many central cities in the United States. Over the years, however, the city recovered, even flourished, and is now considered one of the best and biggest cities in the Evergreen State. The city’s downtown core boasts the highest density of art and history museums in Washington. The Port of Tacoma is considered a center of international trade. Seven highways reach or cut through Tacoma, and gridded streets support the city’s automobile-based community.
The auto accident attorneys at Pendergast Law want the people of Tacoma to know the dangers they face on the roads each day in order to stay safe and recover quickly in the event of a crash with a rideshare vehicle, large truck, bus, or another vehicle. Below, we provide in-depth information on Tacoma auto accidents and how you can protect yourself each day.
What Is The Car Accident Fatality Rate In Tacoma?
Tacoma, considered one of the “most livable” cities in the nation, is experiencing growth, meaning there will be more people and consequently more vehicles on the city’s roads and highways. In 2011, a total of 10 fatal vehicle accidents were reported in the city (six of them involved drunk drivers). They resulted in the same number of deaths. This rate is not excessive, especially when compared with that of other, denser cities. However, vehicle accident rates, along with injuries and deaths, may see increases in the future as the city’s population expands.
What Are The Common Causes Of Auto Accidents In Tacoma?
While single-vehicle accidents in which no other motorist is at fault are entirely possible and do, in fact, occur, most car crashes can be attributed to human error. The more common causes of car collisions are:
- Distracted driving: Distraction can be brought about by cell phones, conversations, loud music, eating, reading, and other sources.
- Intoxicated driving: Drugs or alcohol can significantly impact an individual’s judgment and reaction time, making him or her very dangerous and unreliable as a driver.
- Tailgating: Considered a form of aggressive driving, tailgating is ill-advised since it gives the offending driver much less time to react to an emergency.
- Speeding: Another form of aggressive driving, speeding has many potential repercussions. An offending driver may fail to navigate a tight curve and lose control. He or she may not be able to stop in time in an emergency situation. Basically, speeding is never worth it.
If a person causes a car crash committing any of the above, he or she may easily be held liable for damages in the court of law, as long as evidence of such wrongful driving behavior remains.
What Should I Do if I’ve Been Injured In A Tacoma Car Accident?
First and foremost, you should receive medical attention, whether you have been noticeably injured or not. Then you should consult with an attorney who can protect your rights and provide you with legal guidance as to how to attain compensation from the party responsible for your damages through a personal injury lawsuit in Tacoma. Upon filing a claim, your attorney should perform the following in order to strengthen your claim case:
- Collect vital documents, such as medical and police reports.
- Talk to an accident reconstruction specialist and other professionals who can piece the accident together and provide testimonies that support your claim.
- Preserve material evidence, such as pictures and damaged property.
- Advise you on how to deal with the insurance adjuster.
It is important that you seek financial support for your damages through legal means. Medical bills and other expenses can pile up, and it would be a grave injustice if you were to pay for all of it, even though another was at fault.
Tacoma Car Accident Recoveries
- $167,000 recovery for a woman who was a passenger in a car that lost control and struck the jersey barrier injuring her head, leg and back in Tacoma.
Who Can Help Me With My Tacoma Car Accident Injury Case?
The Tacoma car accident lawyers of Pendergast Law have dedicated their careers to helping those injured as a result of another’s negligence and aim to give you the personalized attention and compassion you deserve after a crash has disrupted your life. We will work diligently to make sure you get the compensation you need to recover to the best of your ability. Call 888-539-9211 today for more information about how we can help.