Seattle Lawyers Establishing A Strong Personal Injury Claim
Accident injuries can occur anywhere at any time, whether it’s at work, at home, on the road, on the premises of a business or elsewhere. Although some injuries occur due to the negligence of the victim or just plain bad luck, many are caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another party. Even in cases where the fault of the other party is quite apparent, victims often face an uphill battle in recovering damages, especially against more powerful and resourceful entities like insurance companies.
Establishing a strong injury claim case starts immediately after the accident has occurred. If you have suffered injuries due to another’s negligence, it is absolutely vital that you get in touch with an experienced Seattle personal injury attorney at Pendergast Law as soon as possible so that you can secure not only your claim but also your future well-being.
What Can You Do To Preserve Your Washington Personal Injury Claim?
All too often, accident injury victims proceed with their injury claims without adequate knowledge of the claims process. They either make missteps or lack support for their claims, which usually results in lowered settlement amounts or even denial altogether. As a claimant, you should be aware of the actions you should take or avoid to help ensure that you get the compensation you need for recovery.
- Keep a detailed account of the accident
- Preserve any evidence related to the incident
- Obtain copies of all medical reports and bills
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- Notify all possibly liable parties of your intention to file a claim
- If possible, take photos of the scene of the accident, your injuries and any other material relevant to your case
- Give recorded statements to any insurance agents working against you
- Sign any documents without first consulting your attorney
- Settle your case unless your attorney approves
- Discuss your case with anyone besides your attorney
- Be coerced into taking any action without your attorney’s approval
How Do You Determine Liability?
The general rule of thumb for determining liability is to identify the party that contributed most to the accident due to carelessness. However, this can get tricky when a liable party isn’t readily apparent and obvious. Here are some common accident injury scenarios in which the liable party may not be immediately apparent:
- If a defective product caused an injury incident, the product’s manufacturer may be held liable.
- If a property was poorly maintained or any hazards present on the premises were not taken care of in a timely fashion and a person was injured as a result, then the owner of the property may be held liable for the victim’s injuries.
- If a person suffered injuries in an auto accident due to dangerous roadways or inadequate signage, the government entity responsible for the area’s traffic signs and roads may be held liable for damages.
Consult With A Dependable Washington Personal Injury Attorney At Pendergast Law
Our highly qualified and passionate injury lawyers at Pendergast Law have provided the foundation for many clients’ successful claims cases. To learn more about our firm and the services we provide, call 888-539-9211. Se habla español.