Everything You Need To Know About Party/Limo Bus Accidents
If you’ve never been in a party/limo bus, you’ve at least seen them. These are the large stretch limousines that look more like buses than they do limousines, and they are often even Hummer-style vehicles that are large and boxy. These vehicles are often rented out by people for celebrations, whether they’re weddings, proms, bachelor and bachelorette parties, sweet sixteen parties and more.
The number of passengers in these vehicles, combined with the sheer size of them, can make them more prone to accidents while they’re on the road. Because of this, the carrier companies, manufacturers and professional drivers must abide by strict safety standards at all times to ensure their safety and that of their passengers.
Causes Of Party And Limo Bus Accidents
Like any car accident, bus crashes that involve party or limo buses can have any number of causes. Some of the most common are:
- Aggressive/reckless driving
- Driver fatigue, especially during long shifts
- Drivers who are driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Lack of maintenance on the vehicle, improper repairs
- Improper training on the part of the limousine or party bus company
- Overcrowding or too many people on the bus
While these are some of the most common causes of accidents involving party or limousine buses, they’re certainly not the only ones that can occur on the road. Whatever the cause, just like any other car crash, the injuries can vary from minor to severe.
Common Injuries In Party Or Limo Bus Accidents
Of course, the worst-case scenario in any vehicle accident is that it results in a fatality, and this is true for party and limo bus accidents as well. But even without this worst-case scenario, injuries can still be severe in party or limo bus accidents, and victims are often entitled to receive compensation for those injuries. Some of the most common injuries in party or limo bus accidents are:
- Severed limbs, with possible amputation
- Back injuries
- Cuts and bruises to the face and/or other parts of the body
- Broken bones
- Head injuries, with possible traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Broken/separated shoulders
Seeking Compensation For Party Or Limo Bus Accidents
It can seem the most obvious choice to blame the driver in cases of party bus or limousine crashes, as they’re the ones driving at the time of the crash. However, while the driver could be at fault for the accident, this isn’t always the case, and there could be a number of parties at fault for the accident. These include:
- The driver: Any number of driver errors can cause a limo accident, but even when it’s the driver’s fault, it’s not always a simple case. In some instances, the driver might be an employee of a rental car company, or they could be an independent driver who’s been contracted by the rental company. In other cases, there could be no company at all – just a driver and a car that they have for hire. This can make these cases quite complicated because, even though the driver is clearly at fault, it may still be unclear as to who’s responsible for paying for compensation – the driver’s insurance company or the rental company’s insurance company.
- The rental company: If the rental company hires drivers as employees or even as independent contractors, it could be responsible for the accident if the car is its responsibility and it’s the one responsible for ensuring that the care is properly maintained and repaired when needed. In these cases, if the accident was due to the vehicle breaking down or otherwise not performing properly, the rental company could be responsible for compensation for any damages.
- Other drivers: Of course, in some cases, the driver of the vehicle can be driving perfectly and the party or limousine bus could be in mint condition, and yet an accident still occurs due to improper driving by another driver. When this happens, the insurance company of the other driver will most likely be responsible for paying compensation for any damages.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident while riding in a party or limousine bus, you need to get in touch with the Seattle bus accident lawyers at Pendergast Law as soon as you can after the accident. Our experienced and professional attorneys will determine who was at fault for the crash, and we will fight to hold them responsible. Don’t go to war with rental car companies and insurance companies on your own. We want to help, and we’re here waiting for your call. Call us now at 888-539-9211.