Hurt In A Bike Accident At Night?
Many people in the Seattle area choose bicycling as an inexpensive and healthy way to commute to and from work while avoiding traffic. Unfortunately for some people, this means biking home in the dark, particularly in the winter months when it gets dark earlier. Night is a time when motor vehicle drivers and pedestrians have a harder time seeing cyclists, especially if they aren’t properly lit, are wearing dark clothing or do not have reflectors or reflective clothing. It might also be difficult for cyclists to see hazardous road conditions that may lay ahead, such as potholes or cracks in the road.
If you have been injured in an accident while riding your bike at night or have lost a loved one under those circumstances, you and your family may be able to pursue compensation for your losses and injuries. To secure the settlement that you and your family deserve, it is important to seek the representation of a qualified bike accident attorney in Seattle. For four decades, Pendergast Law attorneys have successfully represented Seattle-area injury victims, and we welcome the chance to do the same in your case. Call Pendergast Law today for a free consultation at 888-539-9211.
Compensation For Injuries In A Bicycle Accident In Seattle
If you are injured by a negligent driver in a bicycle accident, you may be able to pursue compensation for any of the following damages and losses:
- Property loss or damage
- Current medical bills
- Future medical bills related to your injury (reconstructive surgeries, plastic surgery, skin grafts, etc.)
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Permanent injury or disability
- Emotional trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Household and vehicle modifications to accommodate your injuries (wheelchair ramps, lifts, etc.)
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Diminished earning capacity
- Hedonic damages for loss of joy of life
Compensation For Wrongful Death After A Nighttime Bicycle Accident In Washington
If the ultimate tragedy occurs and you’ve lost a loved one in a nighttime bicycle accident, a compassionate Seattle wrongful death attorney can help you seek compensation for any of the following damages on behalf of you and your entire family:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before they died
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits (such as medical benefits and retirement benefits)
- Loss of love, affection, friendship, guidance, marital consortium, etc.
- Loss of household services that the deceased performed (such as child care, bookkeeping, property and vehicle maintenance, etc.)
Call Our Distinguished Bicycle Accident Attorneys
To secure the appropriate settlement for you and your family, it is important that you have the guidance of an experienced legal team. While we at Pendergast Law sincerely hope that you and your family never need our services, we would be honored to put our years of experience to work on your bicycle accident case. Call 888-539-9211 for a free case evaluation.