By Pendergast Law on May 7, 2013
A man was killed in a Seattle car accident after a semi-truck struck his bicycle. According to The Associated Press, the fatal bicycle accident occurred at East Marginal Way South and South Hanford Street in Seattle. Officials say the bicyclist suffered a fatal head injury as a result of the collision. Witnesses and emergency crews attempted to revive the man by performing CPR, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. It is unclear if the truck driver will be cited for the fatal accident.
As reported by The Seattle Times, there is about one bicycle crash in Seattle every day. Between the years 2007 and 2011, there were 1,847 bicycle accidents in Seattle. The number of crashes varied from 359 to 392 annually. In the 1,847 Seattle bicycle crashes that occurred, a crossing car struck a bicyclist 506 times and a bicyclist was sideswiped 159 times.
Unfortunately, many Seattle bicycle accidents result in serious or fatal injuries. If your loved one is killed in a Seattle bicycle accident, it is advisable to:
- Collect information regarding the contact and insurance information from the driver.
- Gather the contact information of anyone who may have witnessed the crash.
- Obtain a copy of the police report.
- Keep track of medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs.
- Do not speak with any insurance providers without first talking to an experienced Seattle fatal bicycle accident attorney.
The experienced lawyers at Hardwick & Pendergast, P.S. offer free consultations at 888-539-9211 to anyone who has lost a loved one in a Seattle car accident. Please contact us today for a free and comprehensive consultation.